An easy and light guilt-free holiday cookie that will help you get through those holiday cravings! And when we’re not in holiday season, just choose your new shape (maybe a star?) and continue baking!
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Ingredients: 7 items
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup BioSteel Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate or Plant-Based Protein Powder
- 3 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 tbsp Fancy Molasses
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Flour (or any type of flour, for dusting)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine almond flour, protein powder, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the molasses, syrup and egg.
3. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
4. Generously dust a flat surface, a rolling pin and cookie cutter with tapioca flour. Roll out the dough and cut out shapes.
5. Bake for 8-10 min. Let cool completely before serving. Enjoy!
- No Cookie Cutter?: Use the rim of a mason jar to cut out circles. Or roll into balls and press down flat with the palm of your hand.
- Protein Powder: This recipe was developed and tested using a whey-based protein powder. If using a different type of protein, results may vary.