3/4 cup All Natural Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
3/4 cup Almond Flour
1 cup Rice Puffs Cereal
50 grams Dark Organic Chocolate
1 tsp Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Chocolate Protein Powder
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup, and sea salt. Add in the almond flour and protein powder and mix well until a soft dough forms. Gently fold in the rice puffs cereal until evenly distributed.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a tablespoon to drop small balls onto the baking sheet then use your hands to roll them into a ball and smooth them out. Store in the freezer for 30 minutes.
3. Set up a double boiler: Fill a medium pot with an inch of water and place a smaller pot or heat-safe bowl on top ensuring the water is not touching the bottom of the smaller pot or bowl. The smaller pot or bowl should rest tightly on top of the pot and any water or steam should not be able to escape.
4. Bring water to a boil then reduce to lowest heat. Add the dark chocolate and coconut oil to the smaller pot and stir continuously until melted. Remove from stovetop.
5. Remove the baking sheet peanut butter balls from the freezer. Using a spoonful of melted chocolate at a time slowly drizzle the chocolate over top of each ball, or alternatively, dip each one into the melted chocolate mixture and place them back on the parchment paper.
6. Let peanut butter balls set in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden. Remove from freezer and enjoy right away, or store in the fridge or freezer to eat later.
By default, this recipe creates 20 balls, and for nutrition calculations, we consider one ball to be one serving.
No Maple Syrup
Use raw honey instead.
No Peanut Butter
Use almond butter instead.