1. SPONSOR: BioSteel, 87 Wingold Ave, North York, ON M6B 1P8 (“Sponsor”). Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other similar social media forums are not affiliated with BioSteel or the Contest. Any submission via these or other similar social media sites are subject to all rules and regulations of such sites.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, (“Eligibility Area”) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: The Contest Start Dates and End Dates are in accordance with Schedule A, after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted. Participation in the Contest does not constitute participation in any other promotion, contest, or sweepstakes. For the purposes of these Official Rules, a “day” is defined as any twenty-four (24) hour period during the Contest Period beginning at 12:00:01 a.m. EST and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. EST.
4. HOW TO PLAY: There is no purchase necessary to participate in the Contest. During the Contest Period eligible persons may enter the Contest an unlimited amount of times to potentially win one or more of eight (8) prizes.
- To participate by purchasing a product: During the Contest Period, go to http://www.biosteel.ca and complete order(s) including Golden Ticket Exclusive Hydration Mix – Mixed Berry 20 Servings. When you receive your Golden Ticket Exclusive Hydration Mix – Mixed Berry 20 Servings, examine the lid of the container. If the lid has a Golden Ticket on it, you are an instant winner of a prize, subject to verification of eligibility;
- To participate without purchase of a product: During the Contest Period, go to http://www.biosteel.ca/pages/athlete-golden-ticket and complete all necessary fields on the entry form as directed. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries are void. All entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant. If the e-mail address supplied is not valid, the entry will be void. By successfully transmitting the entry form as directed during the Contest Period, you will be entered once in the Contest. Each game play request will be played by Sponsor on participant’s behalf by removing one of the Golden Ticket Exclusive Hydration Mix – Mixed Berry 20 Servings from circulation and checking if it is a winner. Winners will be verified by an additional employee of the Sponsor. Only winning game play requests will be notified via mail/email.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive license to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
5. CONTEST PRIZES: Eight winners will receive one of the following single items: One (1) of two (2) Signed Connor McDavid Jerseys (ARV $1,500 each), One (1) of two (2) Signed Connor McDavid Hockey Pucks (ARV $500 each), One (1) of two (2) Signed Brooke Henderson Golf Balls (ARV $100 each), One (1) of two (2) Signed Brooke Henderson Single Gloves (ARV $50 each) as set out in Schedule A.
6. TO CLAIM A PRIZE: Follow the instructions provided on the Golden Ticket found on the product. You must email a photograph of your Golden Ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 7, 2022, and retain the physical Golden Ticket in your possession. Alternatively, you may mail in your Golden Ticket to the address indicated. Mail-in claims must be postmarked by November 7, 2022, and must be received by November 14, 2022 to be eligible. Please keep a photocopy of your Golden Ticket before mailing as directed. Subject to verification of eligibility by the Sponsor and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, the potential winners will be declared official winners of the Sweepstakes ("Winners"). The decisions of BioSteel are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
7. SECOND-CHANCE DRAWING FOR PRIZES: Each purchase of the Golden Ticket Exclusive Hydration Mix – Mixed Berry 20 Servings during the Contest Period and non-purchase game play request will be automatically entered into a Second Chance random drawing for any prizes unclaimed by November 14, 2022 or returned as undeliverable. The second-chance random drawing will be conducted by BioSteel on or about November 18, 2022. Odds of winning a second-chance prize depend upon the number of product purchase, non-purchase game play requests, and the number of unclaimed/returned Instant Win Prizes (if any).
8. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Winners must have the ability, using lawful means, to fulfill the documentation requirements described in the “Winner Verification” section below within forty-eight (48) hours of being contacted by a BioSteel representative. All Prize details shall be determined in the sole and absolute discretion of BioSteel. All costs and expenses associated with the Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of each individual Winner. Each Winner is fully responsible for all applicable federal, provincial and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes). The Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions except at BioSteel’s sole and absolute discretion. BioSteel reserves the right to substitute any Prize (or any portion thereof) with a prize of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion.
9. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible purchases and entries received before the Contest End Date.
10. SKILL TESTING QUESTION: Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition to winning a Prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered via the sponsor release.
11. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS: Winner will be selected and confirmed as per Schedule A. The Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries and select the potential winners (the “Selected Entrant”). The Selected Entrant will be deemed a winner if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If Selected Entrants do not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries in the second chance draw in accordance with s.6 above. Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrants will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form; and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
The Selected Entrants will be notified within ten (10) business days of the draw and will be contacted via the email address provided at the time of entry into the Contest, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and up to two attempts will be made within 12 hours following the draw. Selected Entrants that do not or cannot accept the Prize may be forfeited. The Sponsor’s release form must be signed by the Selected Entrants and received by the Sponsor as per the timelines detailed in Schedule A. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response. Prize must be picked up by the selected winners at a designated location and within timelines provided by the Sponsor.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the e-mail address or, if applicable for entry, social media handle associated with the entry). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with the selected entry.
12. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The winner must sign the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, their respective departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
13. OTHER CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
Publicity and entrant information: By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, postal code, social media handles, comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of this Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation. Any personally identifiable information collected during a recipient’s participation in the Contest will be collected by Sponsor, or their designees and used by and/or shared with Sponsors, and/or their affiliates, designees, agents and marketers for purposes of the proper administration and fulfillment of the Contest as described in these Official Rules and for other uses (including marketing and advertising) in accordance with the policy stated at https://biosteel.com/policies/privacy-policy (the “Policy”). By participating in this Contest, you consent to the foregoing.
Law: The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of Ontario, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Ottawa, Ontario.
Rule amendments: The Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Contest (or any portion thereof). In the event of cancellation, BioSteel may elect to identify the Winners and award the Prizes by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect purchases and entries received for the applicable Contest Period up to the time of such cancellation. BioSteel also reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited. The Sponsor’s marketing or other partners, if any, shall also have access to and rights to reproduce, copy or otherwise use any materials generated by this Contest or any submissions or materials generated by entrants.
© BioSteel 2022 All Rights Reserved.
Contest Start Date
Contest Close Date
Completed Release Form Due Date
Golden Ticket 2022 Contest
Eligible provinces: All except Quebec
June 20, 2022 8:00 AM EST
October 31, 2022
Ongoing within Contest Start Date and Contest Close Date.
Claims must be emailed to email@example.com by November 7, 2022.
November 14, 2022
- One (1) of two (2) Signed Connor McDavid Jerseys (ARV $1,500 each)
- One (1) of two (2) Signed Connor McDavid Hockey Pucks (ARV $500 each)
- One (1) of two (2) Signed Brooke Henderson Single Gloves (ARV $50 each)
- One (1) of two (2) Signed Brooke Henderson Golf Balls (ARV $100 each)